Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Yes, you are right. If you don't pay attention in common cold
, it can complicate as pneumonia
. So follow these steps for better symptomatic relief in common cold.
1. Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated.
2. Do warm water gargles and steam inhalation 4-5 times a day.
3. Avoid cold foods like ice cream, cold drinks etc.
4. Take treatment for common cold regularly.
5. Watch for persistent fever, chest pain
, Yellowish green expectoration, breathing difficulty etc. If any of these symptom appears then immediately get done chest x ray
6. Avoid smoking
and alcohol if you have these habits.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.