Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How can I treat my split ends without cutting my hair ?

i am 21 years old. Belonging from a sikh family i cannot cut my hair ,so can u tell me how to treat spilt ends?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Hi !
First understand the reasons by which it is happening and remove that like:
Dry scalp -use oil I have written below.
Exposure to extreme temperature and chemical products like relaxers and hair colour.
Lack of nourishment-take balanced diet containing enough of protein.
Excessive drying-donot use dryers.
Vigorous brushing and backcombing esp when it is still wet.
watch out for shampoo u are using.use herbal protein shampoo like one of himalaya's.
Mix well 1 teaspoon of castor oil, mustard oil and olive oil. Massage the scalp for atleast 30mins and apply it to the full length of hair. Cover the head with a hot towel later
Washyour hair after every workout or strenuous exercise, as due to perspiration the salt will erode your hair.
Hope this will solve your problem.
Answered: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
apply almond oil more at tip.
dont wash too frequently your hair.
take diet rich in protein
take tab rich in biotin
Answered: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor