Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

How can I overcome the problem of ingrown hair on my legs and arms ?

i hav this ingrown hair problem on my legs,arms and under arms after few days of waxin and due to that i got marks on my legs and arms.can u plz suggest me some solution to it?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  222
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, do not worry these marks are superficial n temporary, they can be subside gradually, you should take protine riched diet n vitamin C riched diet it is good for skin , they make healthy n glowing skin n helps in subsideing marks by fasten generation of new skin.
Dr aseem
Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response

Creams might not give any good result ,but a laser might at-least reduce the marks.
But if you want to try then you can use hydroquinone based creams at night over the marks.

The laser used in such marks is a Q-switched Nd;Yag laser with 1064nm wave length.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

We often come across such patients who gets these marks following waxing.These marks are very stubborn and take very long to go in-spit of the treatment .There are times when we see a ingrown hair underneath ,but at times there is folliculitis (infection of root of hair) leading to black bump and mark.

If at all you see underneath in grown hair then the only remedy is to extract the hair out.This would be a time taking procedure ,in-stead you can go in for laser hair reduction.Lasers give excellent result in ingrown hair.

If it is just the folliculitis then you can apply any cream containing mild steroid and antibacterial agent.
Finally the best solution would be a laser.

Dr.Bharat chawda

Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor