How can I make a decision that can change my daughters life 4ever when both of my options r life threatening? I am devastated my worst fears came true. To try to make a long story short. Today I was told that my daughter needs a spinal surgery , the worst part is she has a heart disease among other complications( Trisomy 18 ). The surgery could be life threatning cuz of her heart. But her curvature has progressed 25 degrees in 6 months. It was 75 degrees now its 95 degrees in a curvature greater than 70 degrees there could be lung and heart damage. Breathing is compromising because the rib cage may press against the lung and heart, meaning that if I don t do the surgery the outcome will not be good, but if I do im also taking a risk. Are the benefits better than the risks? I don t know. I have no support whatsoever making this decision her dads not in the picture, my parents don t approve anything that ll hurt her( ignoring the real facts she s already hurtin and could get worst) and my husband well lets just put it this way its not his flesh and blood so he doesn t feel what I do. Any recommended websites on how to cope with this situation would be very helpful. I forgot to mention she s already overcome the prognosis she turned 8 in March(usual lifespand is 90% lives up to 1yr).
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009