Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

How can I know that the bleeding I am having now is due to periods or due to some other pathology ?

Hi, i am 25 yrs old married, i had my last periods on 5th jan 2011 and missed them in feb now i am suffering from vaginal discharge which is very little in amount clotted blood from 2 days. I did pregnancy test which came out negative i repeated it after 1 week and it was again do i know if it s menstrual blood or some other pathology..i have irregular periods and i usually miss my periods.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Since you have irregular periods, it can be responsible for the delay in your periods. However it is important to completely rule out pregnancy. Since the urine pregnancy tests came out negative, so to confirm the status of your pregnancy, you can get a serum HCG test or an ultrasound uterus done which is more specific than a urine test.

If pregnancy is ruled out and periods don’t come then the other causes like stress and anxiety, eating disorders, malnutrition, hormonal imbalance or conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland need to be ruled out.
Hope it helps you. Regards.
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
thanks doc.. but i don't have any symptoms of pregnancy like nausea, fatigue and headache should i still go for serum hcg??
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor