Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How can I cure arthritis without undergoing surgery ?

sir,I am Indu Ambastha, aged 50 years (f) suffering from arthrities for the last 10 years and treated almost all pathy but in vein. my big joints are badly affacted and right knee has been inclined to right , left shoulder and right elbow and both wrist are affected and having a lot of pain with restricted movement. what should I do? one of doctor suggested me to go for knee relacement but I think only knee replacement is not the solution since other big joints will remain untreated. please advise accordingly. Indu ambastha, jhumritelaiya, jharkhand
Asked On : Fri, 20 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear Mrs. Ambastha.
Sorry to hear your plight and torment all these years, especially the failure to relief from all modalities. I think this could turn out to be rheumatoid in nature. Have you undergone blood or x ray investigations? If so I'd like to know the reports. If not then I'm again sorry that you were never definitely diagnosed. The condition of your leg is called arthritic varus deformity and if not properly diagnosed and treated can turn disastrous.Same goes for other joints too. So I'll suggest you first concentrate on reaching a diagnosis, then arrest the condition at the said stage, then treat the cause and disease. And yes as you said only single knee replacement is not an answer..but an incomplete answer. By which I mean you would eventually land up deforming the other knee as well. But knee replacement is a fine option to think of..and a definitive one too.
Good luck and remember..always follow evidence based medicine.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Fri, 20 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Indu, let me know the ESR level , My personal opinion is surgery should be last option before that you may consult a ayurvedic physician in your area he may be able to help you with frew formulations
Answered: Fri, 20 May 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
if u dont want surgery, thn go for physiotherapy, now a days sum modern elecrotherapeutic equipments r thr by tht ur pain will cum down.
and u hv to do regular exercise for all ur joints, under the guidance of physio.
if its not available in jharkhand thn go to delhi.
tk cr
Answered: Fri, 20 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor