Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

How can I convince my mom that I need to go to the gynecologist ?

How can I convince my mom that I need to go to the gynecologist? I m 18 years old and I got my first yeast infection alittle more than a month ago, but when I told my mom (so she could help me because I have no clue what I m doing) she refused to let me go to the gyno, and bought me OTC treatment instead. (something along the lines of Monistat) I thought it had worked, but my symptoms are back this month, and have been for about a week. I m scared it will turn into something worse. How can i convince her that I NEED to go get this checked out by a doctor? Symptoms include: itching irritation/uncomfortable thick white discharge
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  437
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
You are 18 so legally you can go by yourself you don't need your mom to take you, find your local gyno doctor and take your insurance card and go.
Answered: Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor