Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

How can I control SGPT and cholesterol levels without medicines ?

Sir,I m Sandeep .my sgpt was very high in August-2011 and after medication Actibile-150 or Udilive-150 since last 8- month, the sgpt has come down to 34 level. Can I countinue this medicine as I heard that it s has very much side effect. As of now doctor also stopped this medicine. How I control my SGPT and cholesterol level Down with out medicine or suggest the latest medicine which ve very low side effect. How I Can also use Ayurvedic medicine would be helpfully? Thanks! Sandeep saras
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  278
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It is most important to know the cause of high SGPT and then taking care of that cause.
The most important reasons for high SGPT are
Viral hepatitis
Use of anti cholesterol medicines like statins
Use of cocaine etc
Muscular injuries
Myocardial infarction etc
There is no role of udiliv in decreasing SGPT as this drug is used for dissolution of gall stones and if biliary duct pathology is there.
Answered: Wed, 18 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Treatment of cholesterol will depend upon the report of your lipid profile but in general you must do regular exercises and reduce fatty foods.
Answered: Wed, 18 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor