Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

How are lumps in the throat treated ?

My throat is sore on the right side today. I looked and discovered a Small English Pea sized round thing tucked in the back of my throat. It is much larger than the picture of the white tonsil stone . Should I see a doc immediately or wait it out a few days?
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  578
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

The description mentioned by you seems to be of either a tonsillolith or tonsillar abscess. If it is causing immense pain, it is better to consult your doctor at the earliest before the thing progresses impeding the deglutition.

You will require a course of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medicines and a povidone iodine mouth wash. Also, drink plenty of warm water; avoid cold and hot beverages/food, smoking and alcohol.

Wish you good health

Answered: Sun, 18 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor