Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Hit areas around ankle. Hard lump beneath it. What can help the pain?

While playing in a softball game about 3 months ago, I took a line drive hit to the front part of my ankle. It did not hit my actual ankle bone, but slightly to the left. It bruised pretty bad and then after a month and a half the color went back to normal. However, there is a hard lump underneath the skin where I was hit. That has not gone away and continues to hurt if even a soft object taps it. It does not hurt to walk or rotate foot . What could this be? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  358
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..The swelling seen is called hematoma.., its collection of blood in the subcutaneous tissue..,
it will reduce by 3 to 4 weeks.. the hematoma will resolve by itself..
no medications is need for pain or for resolving the swelling..

Take care..
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor