Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

High blood pressure, mass on armpit, weight gained. Treatment?

I felt flushed and took my BP . It is 177/105 pulse 73. I am sitting at my computer researching a ropelike mass in my armpit and recent discovery of high BP issues. Is it ok to spike like that? I m 51 and have gained weight due to inactivity after car accident 2 yrs ago and spine surgery a year ago. I thought the flushing was due to perimenopause, but found out BP is high. I have ultrasound on armpit on Monday and return to doctor in 4 wks about high BP. Should I go back to the doctor sooner about my BP?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
For an age of 51yrs this is high and you should start antihypertensive drugs soon or it will affect your kidneys.
Answered: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor