Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

High Eosinophil Count. How to proceed ?

Hello, My mother (age 53) has very high Eosinophil count (900). This has resulted in breathing difficulty and/or cold/cough/ congestion in the past. She s usually prescribed some meds that reduce the count to about 650 after which she feels ok, but the root cause of the high Eosinophil count needs to be handled. As a side note, she is allergic to gluten (she sufferes severe stomach pain when she consumes anything that has gluten). Please advise on how to proceed, so there is a more permanent solution to this health issue. Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1548
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Same Eosinophil Count Problem I also had (~1150). I use to take EOFIL FORTE® - Diethylcarbamazine (DEC) for continuous one which helped me to maintain for Eosinophil Count for next two months. But it has never given me permanent cure.

As doctor use to say there is no treatment of allergy in Allopath, only it can be controlled.

Allopath (antibiotics) will not give permanent cure but we can improve our immune (resistance) to fight with any infection and can get permanent cure.

But permanent cure is possible believe me.

I had very serious problem and I am cured now with in two months.

I am engineer and working in pharmaceutical company as Manager.

My intension behind this write up is to give me self satisfaction by providing and helping people to get permanent cure.

If you need more information so mail me for more details you can reach me on “”

I will give you details of certified Nutritionist who cured me.
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Regarding breathing difficulty, most patients with high Eosinophil count tend to have worms. Let her take a tablet of DEC, only after consulting with your Physician. For a permanent solution you require to do some tests which will find out what she is allergic to, like skin tests. She could be having hay fever also. After finding the cause of the allergy, it would be wise to avoid that allergen near her.
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
There is some allergic condition.Go for detail allergy test.
Your mother has gluten allergy.Now a days vaccine is available for specific will reduce your mother's problem.Go to known allergic specialist for further guidence.
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor