Heart sudden extremely painful and discomfort felt, what can it be ?

Heart sudden extremely painful and discomfort felt, what can it be?
my friend had an surgery when he was a child now he has sudden sharp brief ( a second long i think)pain at times and recently he had the worst one,, it lasted for 2 minutes and made everything blank, got his knees weak.. im REALLY worried he went to the doctor and she was like there is nothing Wrong with him! well i think there is something is wrong and its getting worse. i can't dignose the problem because i haven't got he equipment and i don't have experience so i'm lost please help if you can!!! he did feel pain at his left side when he was kid he had a sugery because he had an hole in his heart.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009