Heart murmur, chest pain. History of Tricuspid insufficiency, heart murmur. Does it require immediate medical attention?

Hi, My son, now 15, was diagnosed with Tricuspid insufficiency when he was 6 months old after finding a heart murmur . They listened to him for a year but said it would grow closed. I never followed up because noone ever said anything. We moved alot :( I took him for a sports physical a couple of weeks ago and they found the murmur. They are sending him to a pedi cardiologist . He told me yesterday he was having chest pain ...bad. I told him to drink fluids, but last night he returned to me asking for some advil (I can count on one hand how many times he s asked for pain meds). His appt is in a little over a week. Are there warning signs that I should heed that mean I should take him to ER?
Mon, 3 Sep 2012