Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Head injury after accident, dizziness, MRI shows calcified granuloma. Meaning?

Dear sir, My wife aged 34 met with an accident on 31st may 2012 , had right side head injury and she has the complaint of dizziness so on recommendation of a neurologist i took MRI scan on 31.10.12 which reveals that There is evidence of calcified granuloma without perilesional edema noticed in right parietal subcortical region measuring 0.64 X 0.44 cm (approx) What does this mean sir
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
thank you for your query. this means that there is a mass of granulation tissue (like old healed scars) which have calcified (again a sign of completed healing process) in the right priental lobe of the brain (that is a few inches above your right ear, inside the brain), beneath the cortex (i.e. deeper into the brain tissue) measuring 0.64 * 0.44 cm (which is quite small), without any surrounding oedema or fluid collection (perilesional odema occurs in active, fresh tumor or bleeding). this probably means some healed scar of an injury occuring during the accident. IT may also mean some other chronic infective process (chance is less).
i would suggest you consult a neurologist for the same for further management.
Hope i've been able to satisfy your query. please feel free to contact me for any further clarifications. best of luck.
Answered: Thu, 5 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor