Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Head and neck pain after car accident, please suggest me

I am a 34 year old female. I got into a rear end car accident a couple of years ago, my neck hasnt been right since. I can t find a position to sleep in that doesn t. Make it hurt worse. Went to the chiropractor after the accident and he tried to adjust it on two different trips, but never could. X-rays showed whiplash and nothing else. The pain is where my skull meets my neck. Sometimes my head feels to heavy for my neck to hold up or at times it feels like I ve been hit on the top of my head and it s jammed down into my neck. I was on Tramadol 50mg twice daily for it. It didn t do much for the pain. I m at the end of my rope, what do I do? I have a good bed, it was great to sleep in before the accident, and a memory foam pillow. Can you give me any suggestions? Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  811
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  Anonymous's Response
I was in a rear-end mva three years ago and never been the same since. I can feel confident in saying that chiropractic combined with massage therapy has been helpful -- especially cranio-sacral therapy, myofascial release, trigger point.
Find a credentialed CS therapist or a local cranial-sacral institute in your area for further care. Preferably someone who is trained in the above.
Having a trained Rolfer work on you could be helpful too.
Answered: Tue, 12 Apr 2011
  User's Response
That sounds similar to my experience. 3 weeks ago I fell on the ice. Was such a fall that it gave me whiplash. Feels like my head is too heavy for my neck to support and that it's not attached to my neck proper, as if it's "crooked". I'm being told this is symptom of whiplash and could take several months to heal. Some days it's unbearable and I just cry.
Good luck to you and I hope you get some relief
Answered: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Mohan Kumar's  Response
dear friend,
you should try ayurveda for your condition. i believe it can cure you. but dont go to a masseur who says he can do ayurvedic massage. go to an ayurvedic doctor. or better come to india and go to a nice ayurvedic hospital. other than that i can not recomend a treatment for you unless i see you.
hope i was helpful
thank you.
Answered: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor