Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having vaginal discharge, sexually inactive. In menopause stage. What can be done?

my partner is 59 years old and is menaporsal.its difficult to have sex because she says its to as a result we are not sexually partner has developed vaginal discharge for which she has seen a female doctor about.and was asked if she had changed partners recently.she was cross at the accusation.i am too asking the same question. am i jumping to i have the right to be suspicious.i think she has the most common bacteria,bacteria vaginosis (b.v.)
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Vaginal infection can occur due to causes like skin to skin contact, using public rest rooms, due to allergy to inner wear etc apart from intercourse.
So don't come to one conclusion just by symptoms.
General conditions like diabetes etc can increase the possibility of vaginal infection.
Vaginal infection can be a cause for pain during intercourse.
Decreased lubrication due to menopause can also be one cause.
After her infection gets controlled, she can use some vaginal lubricant to decrease pain during intercourse.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor