Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having severe pain in upper back and nausea. Feces is dark, getting hunger pain. Ultrasound showed normal. Any treatment?

I am having severe pain in my upper back and nausea after I eat. I was having pain under my rib cage behind my breast but this has passed over a period of time. I also noticed that my feces is dark and when I wipe what is on the tissue seems very gooey like. In the past few days Ive also had a lot of hunger pains. I had an ultrasound and it came back normal. They checked all organs but specifically my gallbladder . Getting really tired of the pain.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think you may be having problem with gall bladder. I do not think that ultrasound can pick all these disease so I would suggest you to show it to gastroentrologist and get liver function test examination. If there is any positive report then treatment can be started accordingly. Till that time i would suggest you to avoid oily food, and fatty diet.
Answered: Wed, 30 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor