Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Having sever gastric problem with pain in chest. Working in night shift. Any cure?

am 26 year female , am having sever gastric problem past some years and recently i got pain in my right side of chest when have consulted my doctor he has advised me to go for ecg and i has some gastric change in it. and am working in night shift even in nights when i eat somethings or drink water also i get pone to acidity and its very sever that i cannot bear that. so please help me out
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Neerja,
Thanks for writing your query.

Gastritis result due to increased acid secretion in the stomach. It can result in faulty lifestyle and dietary habbits.

You should follow some precautions like :-
1. Avoid spicy/oily foods.
2. Avoid mental/emotional stress.
3. Donot miss a meal.
4. Avoid cigarette/alcohol.
5. Donot self medicate especially with pain killers and steroids.

Try to take adequate rest. If you are doing night shifts, you should try to take 6-8 hours sleep in your day time.

You can take antacid like Omeprazole 20 mg along with Domperidone 10 mg once a day in morning.
Taking antacid in gel form is also beneficial as it forms a protective layer over the damaged mucosa in the stomach. You should take medicines under medical supervision only.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor