What causes chronic sore throat with lumps in the pharynx?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had a chronic sore throat wit he feeling of a lump in my pharynx for about twelve weeks. No cough, no taste of blood. I have had episodes of GERD on a sporadic basis. My voice is affected. I take Lipitor and lisinipril daily.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Feeling of lump throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The feeling of lump in the throat is caused by acid reflux due to gastric acid reflux disease
The other symptoms of sore throat and change in voice are possibly due to laryngopharyngeal reflux caused by gastric acid reflux.
Take an antacid like pantoprazole once daily regularly and avoid spicy food and aerated drinks.
Drink plenty of water.
Avoid tobacco and alcohol.
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D