Suggest treatment for post nasal drip

ENT Specialist
Question
Hello I have an on going question so I am currently in the middle of trying to figure out what is going on since beginning of oct I started getting this irritation in my throat after I would eat I seen my gp she said esofogus reflux feels like a ball or something next went to ent he told me that I have major post nasal drip which doesn’t help so I illuminated foods and started to reintroduce so tonight we made home made pizza with homemade sauce I thought I would try it after that piece it seems the irritation came in the throat as well as my mouth like almost eating to much salt can this be the tomato sauce and if so what Can I do to relieve it
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
GASTRIC REFLUX DISEASE

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
From the complaints you are probably having gastric acid reflux disease. The tightness in the throat is due to irritation caused by the acid only.
To rule out the post nasal drip, you should get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done and send me the picture of your throat.
To help with reflux symptoms, take an antacid like tablet pantoprazole 40 mg unce daily in the morning.
Take small but frequent diets.
Avoid any spicy food and aerated drinks.
Avoid alcohol.
Drink plenty of water.
Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
I hope my advise proves helpful.
Wishing you a speedy recovery
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Thanks and regards