Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Having plugged ears, headaches, ringing in the ears, swollen lymph nodes, stiffness in neck, loss of balance. Suggestions?

Looking for a recommendation regarding what type of specialist I should see.... Started in Oct 2011 with a cold/ flu . After I recovered, my ears still had visible fluid in them as told to me by the first doctor I saw. I was treated for a sinus infection , and did not see any results. I then saw the nurse at a center I worked at, who still saw fluid and recommended trying Benadryl . No results. I went back to a different doctor and again was treated for sinus infection. I stayed away from treatment until this past summer when I saw my family doctor back home. He did not see fluid anymore (although my symptoms stayed the same) and referred me to an ENT. The ENT thought it was a problem with my Eustachian tube in the inner ear , and that it may be malfunctioning. He recommended Psuedafed, which I did not take. I then had a water tubing accident during the summer in which I collided with someone (their head hit my jaw). When I went to the dentist and got an Xray for my teeth, he asked if I had pain on my left side, because my jaw was partially detached, and there was a space there. The next ENT I saw tested my hearing and said it was above normal, that she did not believe it had to do with my ear, but rather, problems with my jaw (which does not account for the symptoms before my jaw accident). Symptoms: daily plugged ears daily headaches (temples and top of head) daily pressure in the ears/head/neck migraines ringing in the ears breakouts (rash-like) on the neck/both sides of face (swollen, itchy) swollen lymph nodes on back of head, on neck, and behind ears stiffness in the neck/shoulders fatigue mucus sensitivity to light loss of balance
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  434
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, thanks for the extensive history. From your earlier discription it does look like you suffered from some sinus problem earlier and it could have led to an inner ear dysfunction leading to the symptoms of imbalance. However as you have had a half-hearted treatment for the same and your condition doesn't seem to have resolved it would be a good idea to visit a general physician followed by a neurologist with a few battery of tests like an x-ray PNS and an FNAC of the lymph node and if recommened then a CT scan for a thorough investigation. It is a better thing to get examined totally rather in parts as something vital may be missed out. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor