Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Having pain in lower chest area and feel some weight it that area. How to overcome this ?

Hello Doctor , I am 50-year-old female and my problem is I am having pain on the left side just below my rib cage. I am having this problem for 4-5 years frequently. I have consulted 3 physicians in this period of time and they all said it is just a muscle pain. I feel some kind of weight in that area. Please advise me what to do. Should I take an x-ray. Right now I am having this problem and is taking paracetamol on a doctor s advise, which indeed lessen my pain, but weight feeling is still there.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
you shoud do ecg if itis in the chest. but if it is below chest. youcan do usg abdomen to rule out gallbladder stone or cholelithieasis.
Answered: Mon, 27 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Your physician might be right because they examined you properly.
For your confusion go for furter investigation like...ECG,ECHO,Stress test(TMT).
Otherwise don't concentrate your mind there,go for routine exercise,yoga,meditation.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor