Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Having abdominal pain. Suggested surgery for enlarged uterus. Opinion?

my gynocologist told me i had an enlarged uterus . i have been suffering back, side and lower obdominal paid for around 6 months now. i am booked in for key hole surgery to look inside my stomack to see what is going on. and see him again in six weeks. he has suggested a hysterectomy . would there be anything else that i need to be concerned about that he would not tell be without knowing?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your gynaec might have gone ultra sound examination and might have found enlarged uterus.
If you are elderly then he might have advised Hysterectomy or he might have some doubt having some SOL ( space occupying lesion ) in uterus.
So go for as advised by your Gynaec.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor