Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have white patches on labia with White spots on stretching skin. No itchiness. Advice?

Hi . I have noticed 2 small white patches on my labia they are flat but not pearly white and smooth to me it looks like thin skin, also when I strech the skin on my labia minora on the inside and outside are full of tiny white spots,these aren't visible unless you pull the skin tight but they are covered in them,when the skin is normal though they aren't visible!they appear in lines.I've been really worrying about them. I had never checked down there before so I don't know how long they have been there, I don't feel any pain or discomfort and they aren't itchy, but there is thousands of them! I haven't had sex for the past 8 months and have been with the same partner for 3 years and he has no symptoms of and std what could this be? Its driving me mad
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  157
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. It doesnt sounds like STD but it could be some fungal infection or molluscum contagiosum. If you dont experience symptoms such as pain while urinating or in lower abdomen, you shouldnt be worried. This also can be caused by irritation or allergies but may be the result of factors such as hormonal fluctuations, excessive sweating or sebaceous cysts.Maybe you noticed clogged sebaceous cysts or sweating glands which are sometimes very expressed and enlarged in normal condition.

Try not wear synthetic underwear as it may cause allergic skin reactions. Tampons, douches etc may cause such allergy too.Proper hygiene is enough in most cases.
Clean the genital area well and wipe dry. Regular exfoliation of the area may also help prevent clogged sweat glands and inflamed hair follicles.
If this wont be helpful you should visit gynaecologist and do STD testing to rule out some more serious disorders.
WIsh you good health.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor