Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Have thyroid in family. Can internal doctor treat this?

HI Doc, I ve been having problems. Think it is my thyroid . It runs in my immediate family, and thinking back I ve had some symptoms a few years. Things have accelerated to the point where I am obviously experiencing something different. I ve tried to schedule an appt. with an endo., they can not see me until July 31st! Do you think my internal doctor can diagnose and treat me without seeing an endo.?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Yes, Internal Medicine doctora are also experts in finding your thyroid issues. All it needs is careful examination about any enlargement of thyroid and thyroid profile -TSH,T3,T4 levels.

Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor