Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have swollen hands and ankle. Have frequent numbness in arm and fingers. What could the reason for this?

Hi my name is Lisa and I'm 44 y/o. For about the past year and half, my pinky and ring fingers on my left hand and my lower left arm (from elbow down) will occasionally go numb for a few minutes and then the numbness goes away!! The last few months it has been happening more frequently and a couple of times my left upper side has gone numb. For about the past week my hands and ankles have been swelling (don't know if its related). Do you know what may be causing the numbness?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello Lisa, the numbness and pain in hand and fingers are due to cervical disc disease. Just go for a X-ray cervical spine, take some analgesic and do local heat compress 3-4 times daily and consult a doctor. Thank you
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor