Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have stone in bladder. Advised laparoscopic surgery. Taking homeo medicines. Burning sensation when passing urine. Medicine?

Dear Sir, I was detected a 11 mm stone at the junction of my ureter , just above the bladder , in Oct 2012. I was advised Laproscopic surgery procedure. But then I decided to take some homeo medicines before I decide to undergo surgery. I started Homeo medicines, and I felt the stone moving to Bladder and last week it came out of bladder, but it did not come out, but is struck...may be some where near postrate...not sure. But I am having burning sensation during passing urine and the flow is also disrupted due to obstruction, and takes double time to empty bladder. My question is. 1. How would this stone be expelled..i mean what medicine should I take? 2. Will it have any secondary infection?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
you had ureteric stone ,which has passed into bladder,this is not due to medicine but due to normal peristalsis of ureter.
The burning sensation your having while passing urine is due to urinary tract infection due to stone.
Obstruction while passing urine is also due to obstruction to urinary outflow by stone,that is why you need to pass urine twice.
The stone is 11 mm,chances are that it may pass through your urthera ,but if didn't you may need operation.
There is no medicine which can help in passing your stone.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

This stone can get stuck there for good as urethra is about 5 mm wide. So it can be impossible for this stone to get out. Moreover it can cause urinary tract inflammation and if the urine pressure will get increased, can cause kidneys damage. That is why, you should visit urologist and have cystoscopy performed. This is not a surgery. The doctor will put small camera into your bladder and will get this stone out.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Aditya Bhabhe's  Response
Thanks for the query.
The only medicine to get rid of a stone is drinking plenty of fluids and hoping that the stone flushes out.
If there is severe pain, bleeding or obstruction it's best to consult a urologist ASAP to see if it needs surgical removal.
If you have burning sensation it could very well be due to infections. You need to do urine culture and depending on the results may need antibiotics.
Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor