Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have rashes near areola. Looks like brown patches on breast. Tested negative for cancer. What can it possibly be?

Hi HCM, can a dermatologist answer this question? I had rashes near my left areola 4 years ago, but it seemed that whenever i use bar soap/wear bra too long , it will reoccur again. It would look like brown patches on my breast, and it will heal then come back again. I had it tested before for cancer but no malignant cells found. What can it possibly be?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi i think it is only tinea is a fungal infection caused by drematophyte species like malassezia can be present wherever there is excessive sweat is can be cured by flucanazole 150 mg weekly once for four weeks and application of candid tv shampoo 15 min before bath and nizral ointment in the night,recurrences are common in this condition
Answered: Fri, 18 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor