Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have pain on calf. Is it dangerous?

I have a large, hard painful knot at the site of blunt force trauma on my calf where I was hit 2 weeks ago. Was worried about it and thought I would ask. It seems to be taking it's time to get any better, the pain stays the same. The bruising stays the same. I exercise 6 days a week. Can you tell me how to help it along, or if this is dangerous? It's very hard.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, it seems you have developed Hematoma (large blood clot) as a result of trauma. This hematoma could be subcutaneous (beneath the skin) or could be intramuscular (within the muscle). Generally hematomas resolve within 3 - 6 weeks. At times they may get infected and may need surgical drainage. Its better to consult an orthopedic surgeon to get clarified of all your issues. Bye
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor