Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have pain behind ear, had a hit previously, was swollen, dazed, confused. Will get worse?


I had a bang to the head by a falling rock/stone, behind my left ear about 10 years ago..It was quite swollen at the time.. I was dazed and confused but not unconcious.. There was no break to the skin.
I have recently had some slight aching pain around that same area. No dizziness or headaches though, only aching around that part. Could this issue get worse as I get older and what options do I have to get it checked out properly?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

It is unlikely that your 10-year old injury is causing your symptoms now. If you have any scan or medical reports of that time, it would help us to determine its significance.

As of now, there is no need to worry, and also, there is no risk in future because of old trauma. For pain relief, you may take ibuprofen or indomethacin capsules.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website:

My email:
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor