Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Have numbness and pain in hand. Had a skin tear hematoma earlier. What to do?

I wedged my hand in between a mad card and a meal cart , causing a bad skin tear and hematoma , with pain and severe bruising, doctor said I had cut the blood vessel, that happened on the 16th of april, They put 2 stitches and sine then (today is the 22nd, I have had numbness in three finger tips, and the bruising is taking 4ever to go away, what are my options,as this was a worker comp case ,so I have to follow procedure, they didnt put me on restrictions and I have a lot of lifting , pullin and tugging on my patients (work in nursing home ) thank you
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
After a hematoma, a mild superficial skin numbness is a normal finding. This usually recovers on its own without any specific treatment. Please do not worry.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Fri, 21 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor