Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have nasal blockage, breathing difficulties, operated for DNS, feel like polyp in my nose. What to do?

sir, i have a nasal blockage and breathing difficulties .i have been operated for DNS before 6 i feel like polyp in my nose.i have done CT scan PNS and in this left side maxillary sinus opacity seems like polyp and both side choncha bullosa are noted.please give me suggestion what to do and kindly give me prescription for my problem.thanks
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
Since you have been operated for DNS, in an ideal situation you should not have nose block. You need to go to the ENT who will perform a diagnostic nasal endoscopy to assess the state of your nasal cavity and try to ascertain the cause of the block.
As regards to the polyp, if the polyp if just confined to the maxillary sinus and you do not have much symptoms then you just need to go for routine follow up with endoscopy.
If the block is severe and you do have extensive polyps as confirmed by CT and Endoscopy then you need to have a surgery called the FESS or functional endoscopic sinus surgery in a good center under able hands.
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor