Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have male breasts. What can I do to make them shrink?

I have a problem, I am 16 and I m suffering from a really bad insecurity. I have man breasts and I really want them to go away. I searched it up and it turns out to be a actual disease! What can I do to make them shrink? I want to do anything I can before summer, or else I m going to have a plastic surgeon get rid of them. Also I m not that fat.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on what you have described it looks that you have a what is called as Gynecomastia.Every male has got two hormones Estrogen or female hormone and Androgen male hormone in the body. Whenever there is imbalance of these hormones and female hormones are relatively higher than male hormone one gets Gynecomastia.This is normally a temporary and gets corrected once the hormonal balance comes to normal This is very common at the age of puberty This is called as Physiological Gynecomastia and disappear within six months to 2 years.But when this imbalance continues for a long time then Gynecomastia continues which is termed as Pubertal Gynecomastia.So depending on the duration of your Gynecomastia consult some endocrinologist for hormonal study and further treatment.If neede he may guide you to surgeon for surgery.
Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor