Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Have epididymitis. Taken antibiotics for pain. Can I insist on a permanent solution?

I have been diagnosed with Epididymitis and have had a difficult time getting in with urologist. I was hospitalized about a month ago for the pain and iv antibiotic treatment and was discharged with a six week antibiotic regiment. I am on week four but I am not seeing much change. In fact, it is getting worse with the pain and everytime I call my urologist to try and get worked in, all I am told is go to the ER. There the routine is the same, iv pain relief, send home with instructions to contact urologist . I do and then am sent back to er from urologist s office. Can I insist on being admitted to get relief with the iv antibiotics and then insist on not leaving until we have a solution?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,

Thanks for writing to us.

The method of treatment can be as follows.,

A)IV Antibiotics can be substituted for equivalent oral antibiotics as per C/S reports etc.

B)Proteolytic Enzymes such as Chymotrypsin and or Serratiopeptidase to enable better penetration of antibiotics.

C)NSAIDs for Pain Relief and reduction in Swelling.

D)Proton Pump Inhibitors to reduce Gastric Acidity symptoms likely with PO medicines.

E)Hot fomentation and Coconut Support bandage for Scrotum/Testicles.

D)Adequate Oral Fluids and Electrolytes to maintain Acid base and electrolyte balance.

E)Bed Rest and Nutritious Balanced Diet.

Presuming that your Blood/Urine and all investigations have been done before for diagnostic purposes &now prior to discharge/stopping the treatment all tests should be repeated to ensure that they have returned to normal levels to prevent recurrences/relapse.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

Best regards,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.

Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor