Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have ear pain. Diagnosed as eardrum damaged. Would the eardrums heal?

Hello Doc, I m Len. I have problems with my eardrums. I experienced extreme ear pain last Thursday when we were on a beach camping with my husband. I wasn t able to swim as I have fever . When we get back to City I was rushed to the hospital, as I can t tolerate the pain anymore. As per the hospital Doctor, my eardrum is damaged and reddish. I have ear infection , so she gave me antibiotics for 1 week and pain reliever. Is it possible that my eardrums would heal? thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Welcome in H.C.M. for consultation.
I have gone through your query regarding severe earache and followed by perforation, though you are already having fever.
Madam, You are having fever and thus infection from throat reaches to ear by Eustachian tube which thus given rise to severe pain in ear and followed by perforation. As after examination your ENT doctor had told you about perforation.
You need not to worry because such type of perforation usually heal well by conservative treatment in the form of - antibiotics, anti inflammatory, anti histaminics, decongestants and steam inhalation. Ear drops are strictly CONTRAINDICATED.
Hope your query is now explained to you .

With Regards.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor