Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have dry cough causing vomiting. Need a permanent cure

I have a cough, more like a hacking, dry cough that often results in me having to throw up because there is no other way to relieve the sensation of needing to cough. Coedine cough syrup and Ventolin HFA work short term, perhaps 4 hours. The coughing attack comes without warning and leaves me unable to speak, until I literally cough up/throw up food/stomach fluid. It's nasty and very embarrasing at work or in public.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Do you have symptoms of acid reflux too? Or repeated throat clearing and foreign body sensation in your throat? Dry irritating cough? Reduce the amount of tea, coffee, alcohol, spicy food etc. Take plenty of water. Don't lie down flat immediately after meals. Take Pantoprazole with domperidone twice daily before meals and syp oxetacaine three times daily
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor