Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have dizziness, ringing ears, headaches. What can I do?

I have symptoms of positional vertigo and tinnitus (dizziness, ears ringing, occasional headaches). Eating any high- sodium foods makes them worse, but ginger capsules and coffee help me feel better temporarily. I tried the Epley maneuver but it doesn t really help. I saw an ENT for initial screening who found nothing physically wrong with my ears and wants me to take an expensive balance test which I cannot afford. I don t know how much more of this I can take. What else can I do about this?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Your problem has its origin in the malfunction of inner ear. Inner ear assists our body in keeping balance and is in close proximity to our hearing apparatus.Your symptoms are suggestive of Meniere's disease. Tests of hearing also are part of the work up. Unfortunately there are not many good tests of balance which definitely assist in the treatment. You can discuss with your ENT specialist regarding the utility of the tests that he wants to do.
As for as treatment is concerned, avoid triggers which you already have realized. During periods of dizziness many medications can help. If problems persist in spite of that then there are surgical options available.
Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor