Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have constant pain in lower back. X ray reported normal. Taking proper diet. How to get relief?

hello doctor, I ve had this constant pain in my lower back region for some time now, it does nt affect my everyday activities put its painful when i move or twist my body,i ve had an x-tray in the past put they said it didn t show anything,i m 38, normal/average wieght, eat well and moderately active but it s been really upsetting to know that this pain wont go away.....what do you think it might be
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Hi Juantamcintosh, Its fairly common to have this kind of back pain at your age. It is most likely an early disc degeneration of lumbar spine, though the details given by you are inadequate to rule out other causes.

You should avoid certain activities that involve bending forward and lifting weights, sitting in slumped posture or sitting for ling hours. It would be useful to see a physiotherapist to train your back for good posture and other activities and learn some back muscle strengthening excersises.
If the pain increases or persists or runs down your thighs or legs, or if you have any numbness or tingling sensation in your feet, then you should visit your orthopedic surgeon again.
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor