Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have cervical spondylosis. Experienced Radiculpathy, Myleopathy. Stomach bloated, anxiety. Possible course of action?

I have Cervical Spondylosis . Have experienced Radiculpathy and Myleopathy over several years ( numb hand etc.) Recently I ve had gurgling stomach/bloated stomach seemingly setting off anxiety/depression/ confused thinking. Could this be associated with my neck problem, and if so, what course of action would be recommended. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  263
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You are suffering from cervical Spondylosis – due to abnormal wear on the cartilage and bones of the neck (cervical vertebrae).
Usually surgery is not needed. Learn to take care of your neck and back.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Cold packs and heat therapy may help your pain during flare-ups.
Some Drs try anti depressants, anti seizure and opiates (not on a regular basis)
Your stomach problems seem to be not connected with the cervical spondylosis. Your stomach problems may be due to depression, anziety, irregular spicy diet or pain killers.
You have to accept your condition - consult a physiotherapist and follow his advise - take tab only when indicated.
Regarding your stomach problem - if you have hyper acidity treat it by antacids, anti spasmodic, anti flautulants, frequent small bland diet - avoiding hot spicy food and keeping away the depression and tension

Take care and best wishes

Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Cervical spondylosis and your abdominal symptoms are UNRELATED. They might be occuring due to a different pathology.

Don't panic about the developing symptoms. Consult a General surgeon for a detailed evaluation and management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor