Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Have bloating, bulge above belly button. No pain. Taken stool softeners for constipation. Any idea?

i am a 26 year old female . I had my 1st son about 2 years ago with a csection . i have recently been constipated and got perscribed stool softening pills. It help me a little. but i still feel bloated and noticed a buldge rite about my belly button . im not sure if i had it before. but i only see it when i go to bend back to lay down . then it goes away when i lay flat or stand up .its a verticle buldge. No pains just some discomfort sometimes. Any idea of what it could be ?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
You probably are having divarication of recti.
The abdominal wall has got two recti muscle. When these two get separated more than normal, it results in the symptom you have mentioned.
Pregnancy is one of the causes as it increases the abdominal pressure resulting in divarication of recti.
It may persist for sometime even after delivery. Exercise would be helpful.
If there is pain or hernia develops, you may need surgery.
Answered: Sun, 2 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor