How can diarrhea be treated after consumption of spicy food?

Question
mainly whenever I we eat little spicy food then I will be having loose motion problem..can you suggest some medicine or syrup.
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Kampana 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Detailed Answer:

Some people spicy foods can cause irritation to the lining of your stomach or intestine causing food to move through quickly. Usually spicy food, alcohol, coffee are the common irritants.

I would suggest you avoid or reduce the spices in your food. You can try taking curds or buttermilk after eating or drinking herbal tea. This reduces the irritation. Drink lots of water and eat healthy fruits and vegetables. Deep breathing exercises also help relieve stress.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,