How can diarrhea be treated after consumption of spicy food?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Thanks for your query.
Some people spicy foods can cause irritation to the lining of your stomach or intestine causing food to move through quickly. Usually spicy food, alcohol, coffee are the common irritants.
I would suggest you avoid or reduce the spices in your food. You can try taking curds or buttermilk after eating or drinking herbal tea. This reduces the irritation. Drink lots of water and eat healthy fruits and vegetables. Deep breathing exercises also help relieve stress.
I hope this answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat diarrhea
- Food after vomiting and diarrhea
- How to treat diarrhea in a child
- How is chronic diarrhea and cramps treated
- How to treat diarrhea with nausea
- How to treat diarrhea in a toddler
- How to treat diarrhea naturally
- How to treat ibs diarrhea
- How to treat diarrhea related to augmentin
- Diarrhea after eating spicy food