Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have a small lump in arm for long which increasing in size. Need operation?

A year ago I noticed a small lump in my arm (pea size) approx 3 inches above elbow . Dr. advised it was probably lipoma and not to worry. Now it s marble size by the end of the day but in the morning it s pea size. My dr. is sending me to a surgeon to take a look at it. What do you think this is? It s moveable and sometimes my arm is achy and my thumb goes numb frequently.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
It could be a ganglion cyst pressing on superficial radial nerve causing compressive neuropathy, hence the numbness in thumb. It is a benign lesion, not requiring surgery usually. It can regress with intralesional injection of steroids. The best person to give you an apt advise would be an orthopaedician. Kindly visit a doctor nearby or place your query in skin, muscle joint section of this site. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor