Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have a bowel resection or carcinoid tumor in the terminal ileum. Recovery time?

Hi Dr Narasi,

I'm having a small bowel resection for a small carcinoid tumor located in the terminal ileum. I'm a university student, and the new semester starts a week-and-a-half after my surgery. I'm really hoping that I will be able to resume classes within the first couple weeks of the semester. Is this too ambitious?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello there, am not Dr Nasari, but my humble opinion tother with his might be of little help.
i don't think you are being to ambitious. i think if this was done early, you have no reason to fear as the recovery time will just be a couple of days or weeks more. so, very soon you'l go back to school. however, allow your surgeon to decide what time is best for you to go back to school. thanks
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor