Is Diclofenac sodium effective in treating joints pain?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: I have joint pain and found diclofenac sodium topical to help greatly. I also have carcinoid tumor issues with non found in last 2 endoscopies. I've 3 heart stents with no other known heart disease.
is this a safe topical for me ?? XXXX
last drug should be 5/325 Vicodin.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Voltaren (Diclofenac)

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking.

Voltaren Gel can increase your risk of heart attack or stroke, especially if you use it long term or take in high doses, or if you have heart disease. Even people without heart disease or risk factors could predispose themselves to have a stroke or heart attack while using Voltaren Gel on long term basis or in high doses.

Because of your history of stents, it's better to inform your doctor for the continued use of voltaren.

Hope this helps you .
Feel free to ask in case of any further queries.

Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 20 days later
Dr. E,. i'm away and will be in touch shortly. thank you.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
voltaren

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

You are welcome.Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana