• question-icon

What are the symptoms of carcinoid tumor?

I have had several episodes of severe abdominal cramps that leads me to the restroom. But before I have a bowel movement I have severe cold clammy sweats, feeling of faintness. I honestly feel like I m dying. I read where someone said a Dr. mentioned a carcinoid tumor. I had an appendectomy in January and the biopsy showed a carcinoid tumor in the appendix. Is it possible for you to explain these episodes to me. Every time I have one I honestly believe I m dying. I should have known that you had to pay just to ask a question about your health!!!
Tue, 12 May 2015
Radiologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.

Appendix is one of the usual places where carcinoid tumor might be found.
The most common signs and symptoms of appendix carcinoid include:
(i) Skin flushing and redness of skin
(ii) Facial skin changes like spider veins in nose and lip
(iii) Diarrhea without reason
(iv) Difficulty breathing
(v) Rapid heartbeat

Your symptoms are surely due to carcinoid in the appendix. Please discuss with your doctor and take treatment to prevent the symptoms. Injections of the medications octreotide and lanreotide may reduce the signs and symptoms of carcinoid which you are having. Please do not worry.