Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Have UTI. Prescribed macrobid. Why do I have rashes that itch around anus?

hi, im a 28 yo gay male. i am in a committed relationship. 3 days ago i went to the doctor and she told me i have a uti( urethra , not bladder infection ) and prescribed macrobid 100 twicw a day for 5 days. 2 days in i started to get a painful/itchy rash around my anus... could this be a yeast in fection from the antibiotics? help!
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query.
your doctor had diagnosed UTI & prescribed medicine for it.
Your painful itchy rash around anus may be a fix reaction of antibiotics you have taken.
So consult your doctor.
thanks.Have a nice day.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor