Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Has hives for 18 years. Treatments not helping. Alternative solutions?

My daughter has had hives for 18 years. She had been tested by allergists, rhumatologists, dermatologists, everyone. She has tried traditional meda, experimental treatments, biopsy , elimination diet and moved to a different state. Nothing helps it and all her docs are stumped. They wanted to send a blood sample to Denmark but the lab stopped doing the test for IGG and IGM. Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hives appears in the form of itchy transient rash,

Treatment with anti histamines may help her,
But important is to know the cause.

Anything including cloth, vegetables, pollen etc may cause this.

Try to find out the cause and eliminate it.

Ig levels are done to find out a possible immune cause.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor