Suggest treatment for high fever, bronchitic and sinus infection

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 5 Dec 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hi,
I've always gotten sick far more often than anyone else, and I'm prone to developing high fevers, bronchitis, sinus infections, etc. I am almost always sick, and it takes an unbelievably long time for me to recover. Within the last few years, it seems to be getting worse: lymph nodes are often swollen, recurring low-grade fevers, painful/stiff joints, ulcers in the mouth, terribly sore throat/loss of voice. A blood test showed that my immunoglobulin M is low, at 42 MG/DL. Should I follow up with an immunologist?
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should definitely consult immunologist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Yes, you should definitely consult immunologist and discuss your symptoms and low IgM.
You might me having congenital immunodeficiency syndromes.
Another possibility is connective tissue diseases (CTD s).
So consult immuno and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.