Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Hard lump outside knee, pain when walking. Treatment?

I have a hard lump, the size of a diffuse small walnut, on the outside of my knee . If I exercise too much (brisk walking), I feel considerable but easily bearable pain. Sometimes, I can walk miles with no pain; sometimes not. I m 65 years old and was diagnosed, when young, with a spinal tilt. I suspect that I have a benign condition and that it s the result of 64 years of walking slightly asymmetrically. Since it doesn t hurt at rest, I m not too worried but would appreciate reassurance and advice about possible treatment. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  300
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
a newly diagnosed hard painless lump more than 5 cms diameter at 65 yrs of age should not be taken lightly and surely tilted walking cannot give rise to a bony lump. there are many bony lesions (mostly benign) that may arise in the knee region. should immediately consult orthopedic surgeon a at least get a x ray of the lesion.
take care.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor